One Another – The Book
It is Jesus’ desire that we would be known by our love for one another. We know the command, but do we share the vision for love? Can we trust Jesus to give us the love we need to obey this command?
In this short book, we discover that love is so much more than a moral command. God’s love is the flow of life that we are all created for. By commanding us to love, Jesus is calling us to embrace life as He designed. As we discover the beauty of His design, we are challenged to build genuinely loving relationships with one another. This brings us into the true revival that God is releasing over the earth: the wave of love that restores people to their design of selfless love.
“Derek Prince once said that the twos and threes are the building blocks of the body of Christ. As living stones carefully set in place in God’s temple, we can only have meaningful, interlocking contact with a few people. All together we may be constructed into a magnificent temple, but individually, our place in the body is one of intimate connection with just a handful of people. This is by design. God created us with hearts and brains that can only sustain intimate and invested relationships with just a few people. .”
– p31, One Another
Extra Questions for Reflection
1. Value and Design
We copy what we see
- What image have I been imprinting on spiritually?
- Do I see myself as a loving person?
- Why or why not?
2. Channels of Love
We are designed to be channels of the Father’s love for Jesus
- What value does that give me to God?
- What would it feel like for the Father’s love for Jesus to flow through me?
3. A New Command
We love Jesus through His people
- How does this love flow?
- Do I want to share more of the Fathers’ love for Jesus?
4. Grace through Faith
The grace that saves us also empowers us to love
- Have I been trying to earn anything from God?
- How can I receive His grace to love?
5. Restoring Design
Jesus died to restore our design of love
- Am I satisfied with forgiveness or am I hungry for love?
- Are there any areas of brokenness in my heart that need healing?
6. Eternal Life
Eternal life is the state of wholehearted love that lasts forever
- How do I feel when I love others or others selflessly love me?
- How do I feel when I act selfishly?
- Is God able to keep His promise to circumcise my heart?
- Is the cross powerful enough to remove my selfish nature?
7. Journey to the Heart of God
When we commit to loving God with all our heart and soul, we make a covenant of love with God
- Do I want to commit my entire life to loving God?
- What does it mean to become one with Jesus?
- Do I want to be “possessed” by the Holy Spirit?
- Do I want to exchange my selfish nature with Jesus’ divine nature?
8. Agape Love
Love is primarily expressed by meeting needs
- When was the last time I met someone’s needs?
- Is it hard for me to meet other people’s needs?
- Is it hard for me to share my own need with others?
9. Small Groups
Love flows strongest in the smallest numbers
- When was the last time I spoke vulnerably with someone?
- Do I want to become known for my love?
- Am I living in obedience to the command to love one another?
- How important is it for me to have a small group of people I can love?
10. Repairing the Channel
Our relationships are the channels of love; we need to repair our relationships so love can flow
- Is there anyone I need to forgive?
- How can I deal with assumptions and offense?
- Is there a relationship that God and I can repair together?
11. Love and Discernment
The way of love is to discern then act
- Do I find it easy to listen to people?
- Do I want the Holy Spirit to show me how to love by meeting need?
- Am I willing to give in love, even when I lack?
- Is my love convenient or costly?
12. Better Foundations
Our greatest need is to live in our design of love
- Who do I have in my life that is helping to meet my greatest need?
- Do I want to be a person who inspires love in others?
- What would it look like to build my life on a foundation of love?
13. Moving Foundations
Love alone gives value to everything
- Is a life of love enough for me?
- Am I willing to restructure my life for love?
- How can I make practical changes in my life to increase love?
- Are there two or three people I can connect with in love?
14. Moving Foundations
Obedience is only made possible by our relationship with others
- Is it possible to follow Jesus and to not obey Him?
- Can I truly call Jesus my Lord if I am not living in obedience?
- Where does obedience begin?
- What is the most important command to obey?
15. The Place of Authority
Obedience is only made possible by our relationship with others
- Have I been seeking my will or His will in prayer?
- Am I living in union with Jesus?
- What does it mean for me to pray, speak and act with authority?
16. The Present Revival
Life is found in wholehearted love, intimacy, and unity with God
- Where do I find life?
- Am I prepared to help new believers find a life of love and unity with God?
- Am I able to discern between true and false teaching?
- What is the key test of any teaching?
17. The Net
God is preparing for a great harvest
- Is there any better plan than a connected net of loving small groups?
- Am I burning with the love of God?
- How can I be consumed by love?
- Do I want God’s fire to flow through me?
18. Overcoming the Darkness
The enemy will wage war against love—are we prepared to fight?
- Have I been working for God rather than with Him?
- Have I been tolerating control, poverty, discouragement, lust, confusion, or any other work of the enemy in my life?
- How would it feel to be free from these things?
- Am I ready to repent and break every agreement with the enemy?
19. A Trap for Ta’aroa
God is overcoming His enemy
- How powerful is the blood of Jesus to break every agreement, curse and bondage?
- Has anything been distracting me from loving others?
- Am I ready to take my place in His army?
- Am I ready to take my place as His bride?
20. The Coming Harvest
Workers are needed for a great harvest
- Am I spiritually ready for difficult times?
- Am I ready to share the gospel and to prepare a place for new believers?
21. One Another
The net is forming
- What price am I willing to pay to be a part of this move of God?
- Is God calling me to start a small group and love others?
- How can I connect with other small groups?
Suggest some questions to add..
If you have any feedback or your own questions that could help others, please contact us, we’d love to hear from you.